Managing Everyday Paper: Learn how to stay on top of active paper instead of beneath the paper piles!
5 Weeks – $59
Begins March 6th. NOTE: This class is only offered one time in 2017. Don’t miss out. Register now!
- Do bills, newspapers, magazines, mail, and kids’ schoolwork go missing as soon as they come through the door?
- Do others in the home hand paper to you and expect it to be found in two seconds when it is needed?
- Does locating the instruction manual for the television, or the warrantee for the leaking hot water heater, cost hours of your time as you tear the house apart?
Did you answer “YES!” to any of these questions? Brook Noel has the system to turn that answer to a proud “NO!” Join us, and let her help…
In this course you will:
- Establish a home for incoming paper that directs it to the responsible party
- Develop a system for paperwork with timely action and automatic self-filing
- Learn how to contain paper in time-sensitive storage until needed for action
Week 1: This week we start by completing a Before Evaluation so we know where we are. From there, we move onto learning the system and completing our initial sort of paper.
Week 2: As week 2 kicks off, we complete a more detailed sort. We gather our supplies to create our final paper management system. We also learn how to maintain our system as paper continues to come in.
Week 3: We start by learning how to reduce the amount of paper that is coming in. We also learn which financial papers we need to hand on to (and how long we are supposed to keep them). Finally, we talk about the steps we need to take to develop new habits.
Week 4: This week is dedicated to dealing with paper projects and creating our reference library. We will also spend some time creating a “to-read” folder to manage the amount of “I’ll read this someday” paper.
Week 5: In our last week together, we deal with the final two piles of paper. We learn what to do with “I might need this someday” paper. We also work on creating our archives. Finally, we end the week by creating a personalized plan for maintaining the papers in our home.
Paper will never leave our lives…we can’t leave it, and we don’t need to love it. But we CAN manage it efficiently! And we will…
How Do These Classes Work? Our classes feature a very easy to navigate portal you will login at to access your course. You do not need to be a tech-guru to take our classes. Our classes do not require you to be present at a specific time of day. We use downloadable lessons, message boards, and an online event room to allow you to work through each lesson whenever it fits into your day. The weekend before class begins you will be sent your system user ID and password to login to our community support and learning system.
On the class portal page you will be able to:
- Share on our class message boards and receive step-by-step guidance for any questions during your journey.
- Access and print (or save) your lessons.
- Network with other class members through the message board or instant messaging system.
- Access any class links and worksheets. This portal is extremely easy to use, no internet or message board finesse required.
How much time does this class require? There is no mandatory deadline or sharing with the assignments (although sharing is encouraged and half the fun!) therefore you are free to work at your own pace although you will need to download all lessons during the class period. We do leave classes open for 1 month beyond the scheduled end date, to allow you to retrieve any outstanding information and download lessons–although class helpers are not available for Q&A during this time. Class helpers are only available during the actual 2 weeks of the course. Since we run so many classes, we are unable to send lessons manually or to make them available once the class has closed. By completing an action plan and downloading the lessons you can continue to work on your new system at any pace comfortable to you.
What happens after I sign up? If you currently have a log-in at brooknoelstudio.com this course will automatically be added the day it opens. If you do not have a login, you will receive your login information the Sunday before the course begins. If you are enrolling in this course on the start date or during the first week, please allow 24 hours to receive your login credentials.
Questions? Please submit a ticket at our customer support desk. We strive to respond within one business day. Click here to go to customer service.
Members of Brook Noel’s Make Today Matter Group Coaching Community save 20% on every class! Use the coupon code posted in the coaching forum. (Code changes each month.) To learn about membership, click here.